History Timeline of Motor Power

1941

Motor Power Equipment Co. is organized and incorporated in the State of Montana in the name of Custom Tire Co.

Today, the Tire Factory occupies the original Motor Power Headquarters.

1944

Kenneth and Gladys Allen sign the dealer agreement with Kenworth Truck Company making it the third oldest among the growing network of Kenworth distributors.

1957

Motor Power Equipment Company continues to grow with the Billings community and moves its location where Highway 10 and 87 intersect. Today, Northern Broadcast Systems occupies this site.

1981

Gladys and Kenny move the dealership to a desirable location on Interstate 90.

1987

The Allens sell Motor Power Equipment Company to Bruce and Marilyn Sunwall. Bruce and Marilyn start with 17 employees.

1993

International Trucks are added.

1994

A parts warehouse is added in Billings. Motor Power becomes the largest truck part supplier in the region.

1995

Bruce and Marilyn Sunwall buy adjacent land for future expansion.

1996

The first Motor Power logo is developed.

1998

Doonan Trailers is added.

1999

Bruce and Marilyn Sunwall buy Metco Kenworth (Great Falls, Montana) from the Bell family.

2002

Motor Power Kenworth (Great Falls, Montana) moves to its current location on Interstate 15.

2008

East Trailers is added.

2009

Motor Power logo is redesigned.

2010

Motor Power adds an additional 35,000 square feet to the Billings facility making it the largest truck dealership in the region.

2012

Bruce, Marilyn and Brian Sunwall open a new location / new facility, Motor Power Kenworth, Casper, Wyoming.

2014

Motor Power employees over 125 people.

2016

Motor Power celebrates its 75th year in business.